One of our readers sent in a very interesting question, and we were slightly shocked after some research, one of the most common questions regarding mechanical keyboards? Can you wash them in the dish washer.
We’ll stop all of our readers there and say, please don’t put your keyboard in the washing machine. Doing so will most likely damage it beyond fixing.
For those wanting to learn how to clean their keyboard though? Here are our top tips:
- Don’t get your keyboard dirty in the first place. Yea, we know, obvious. But we had to throw it in there!
- Remove all of the keycaps using the tool provided with your board, if you don’t have a cap remover there are plenty around that you can purchase.
- Once the keys have been removed, just rub a dry cloth through the switches to remove debris.
- If you want to clean the removed key caps in warm water, be careful to not use anything abrasive.
- After you are done cleaning it all down, let the caps dry off and put them back on the board.
There you have it, everything you need to know about cleaning your keyboard. Hopefully, this article helped a few of you out there.